Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thoughts on new beginnings.....

According to the clock on the computer in my grandparents' house, it is 11:29 pm. Central Standard Time, December 31, 2008. We have about a half an hour until the new year begins. Let's see....2009....one big thing coming up this year for me is a biggie birthday....40! Laura will turn 5 and start kindergarten and Kevin and I will celebrate seven years of marriage.

I love to look ahead but know that there are no guarantees to any of those things. If the Lord wills and we live we will be blessed to share those joys and their excitement. I've heard a lot of talk on the news today especially about "new beginnings" and how the beginning of a new year wipes the slate clean and we get to start over. What I love about living in faith is that each day brings the new mercies of our Lord and Father. We get to wipe the slate clean, one day at a time with His mercy and grace, each day. He puts our sins and shortcomings behind Him and remembers them no more. Every day. As far as the east is from the west. Wow. I am reminded that we only have today, and that tomorrow has enough trouble of its own. I am humbled to think that God loves me enough to take care of each need and concern each day.....all I have to do is ask! So, as I begin this new year, I will say that my "resolution" will be to live each day, one day at a time, in the care and love of my God. And trust Him with all my tomorrows. I pray you will see His love and mercy with each new day this year.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Beautifully written, Kara! And a good reminder for me. Thanks! Happy New Year!

Granddolls' MiMi said...

God's gracious Gifts abound for me in joys words can't really describe. One joy in particular swells in my heart by your beautiful words written on this beginning 2009. Happy New Year, dearest one! Mama

April said...

I agree with Cindy...beautifully written, Kara! Happy New Year!

April said...

BTW, I love the new background for your blog!