Monday, August 11, 2008

Our Lives by the Numbers

Since our last post:

1: Time we've moved
30: Miles from our old house to the new one
48: Hours' notice we had to pack and move
6: Rooms we had in the old house
12: Rooms we have in this one
10: People it took to get us packed and moved
4: Exceptionally grateful people in our family for our new home and the help we had to get here!
1: Kara, who couldn't help with the move at all because.....
2: Number of surgeries I had in the 10 days prior to the move
3: Days I got to spend in the hospital (Spa Baptist I like to call it)
1000: % Better I am now that all that chaos is over!
Infinite: Ways God shows His great provision, love and faithfulness in our lives

Here is the front of the new house, where Lord willing we'll be for the next 18 months

5 comments:

Holly Aytes said...

Been wondering where you were! What is this about surgery? And moving? I hadn't heard either of these things...surprised Susan didn't say anything about it. Glad the move is over and hope you are feeling better :)

Kara said...

Hi, Holly.....I had my tubes tied and then had some adhesions that needed to be removed almost immediately afterward, so I had my first surgery on the 14th of July and then the 2nd one on the 25th, the day before we moved! The move was a blessing but sudden. This great hous came available to rent and we jumped on it! Thanks for checking in!

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Managed chaos during those few days! While extremely busy, I can't think of another place I had rather to have been than right there in the middle of it!!!! Son-in-law and I got to know each other a whole lot better with increased appreciation for each! Such team work for all who helped. Especially Grandma Capps whose job was the hardest - tending to both girls alone for many, many hours!! Thanks, Grandma!!

April said...

WHAT?!?! I, too, have been wondering what you've been up to lately...but I certainly did not expect you to be up to THAT much! :) I do hope your recovering smoothly and loving the extra space of this new place. Keep us posted!

Cindy said...

Glad to see you're back. Jen had told me about the crazy move, but I didn't know about the surgeries...you're such a private person, Kara! LOL!

Looks like a great place...send us the new address!