Monday, May 11, 2009

Today is the first day.......

Of the rest of my life! I suppose we could all say that anyway, since God makes all things new every morning, couldn't we? But since I am a bit of a drama queen, yes try not to be too shocked (that I'm admitting it!), I really am looking at today as a happy new start! I'm having surgery today.....a hysterectomy, to be specific. I'm very excited about it. It is something I've needed to have done for many years now, but really preferred to keep those particular parts in so I could have babies. As that part of life is done, there isn't any reason to keep them in anymore. So....OUT THEY COME!



As I type this it is 6:53am Central Time. Lord willing the surgery will start at 12:30pm. We're to be at the hospital at 10:30. My mom flew in to be a help and to celebrate Lindy's first birthday with us. (I'll post pictures of that when I get home and am moving around a little better.) This counts as major surgery and requires a one to two night stay in the hospital. I'm having it done with the brilliant doctor who cared for us during my difficult pregnancy with Lindy and then delivered her safely and soundly. And it will be at Centennial Hospital in Nashville. Actually, it is the Women's Hospital at Centennial. Man, I hope the food is good. I am SOOOO hungry, as I've not been able to eat since midnight. And with nerves haven't slept all night. Why is it that when I'm not allowed to eat I could just eat an elephant but when I need to eat I can't find anything I want? Yet I digress.



Anyway, I wanted to let you know what is going on with us today. Kevin is taking the day off and will bus the girls around town today as needed. Laura will spend two nights with Grandma and Grandpa and Lindy will spend two nights with our sweet friends from church, the Daltons. Mother will stay with me in the hospital so Kevin can get to work early in the morning. Then a few weeks of discomfort and recovery and Voila'! A whole new me! :) (I told you I'm a drama queen. You get what you get when you check my blog. At least I'm posting again~)



Please pray for me and our family as we go through this surgery and recovery time. The hardest thing for me is going to be the lifting restriction. Like nothing over ten pounds for six weeks. Yeah, Lindy's going to love that one. Kevin will have to shoulder some of my responsibilities, so pray for his endurance as he is always so busy with his work.



Hope you have a beautiful Monday and week. If you want to call my cell phone and know the number (obviously I'm not posting it on random cyberspace) please feel free to call. My mom or Kevin will have it if I'm not able to talk. Like that ever happens. Anyway, thanks for your prayers and stay tuned for birthday celebration pics later in the week!

2 comments:

April said...

You are hysterical, Kara! The "drama" is fun to read. :) Know that we are praying for you and the girls and Kevin, too, as you go through the surgery and recovery, too. Love ya! And, I'm glad you're posting more often, now.

Cindy said...

I hope everything went well today and that you are recovering nicely.

I REALLY enjoyed getting to see you last week...I only wish we'd had more of a chance to talk...to each other! ;)