Thursday, April 17, 2008

I've been tagged!

My friend April tagged me yesterday to list seven random things about myself. These are not in any particular order, you know, like the Top Seven Random Things About Kara.....I'm just not that creative this late in pregnancy.

1. I have lived in six different states in the US, and one foreign country in my nearly 39 years:
(And these are in order) Louisiana, New Jersey, Texas, Arkansas, Maryland, and Tennessee
And in 1994 I lived for a semester and taught in Quezaltenango, Guatemala. As a side note, my favorite places to live have been Austin, Searcy, and Knoxville.

2. I love to spell. I always have. I can't add my way out of a box, but I can spell just about anything you ask me to.

3. I am a history nerd. Particularly Russian history.

4. God allowed me to visit 12 countries before Kevin and I married, and one after:
England, Russia, Guatemala, Poland, Ukraine, Finland, Switzerland, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, (well, only technically; we crossed over the "border" on the river while on safari, but the guide told us we'd now been to Namibia) Botswana, South Africa, and then Mexico on our honeymoon. By the way, the trip to Mexico was the only one I did as a "tourist".

5. I've never seen the Grand Canyon. Go figure.

6. My favorite TV shows all involve solving crimes: All three of the CSIs and my newest one is NCIS. And thanks to our DVR, I don't miss them while spending my evenings with my family! :)I can be a TV junkie on my own time. What a plus. :)

7. After all my travels, if I could go anywhere in the world on vacation, I'd choose to go to Disney World in Florida without regard to cost, and not pregnant so I could ride the rides. And with a nanny, or my mom so Kevin and I could enjoy doing some things together as a couple. Actually, I'd like to do all the fun stuff in Orlando. But I'd love, love, love to see Laura meet the Princesses. (No one said these seven things had to be realistic!)

4 comments:

April said...

I enjoyed reading your list. I, too, have never seen the Grand Canyon! :)

Holly Aytes said...

I also love the crime scene tv shows. My favorite is all the Law and Order ones.

I took Taylor to Disney(she had a blast meeting all the princess's and getting pictures with them and their autographs) but I would love to go back and take Madison b/c she loves the princess's. Her favorite is "Princess Auroa"/Sleeping Beauty. We are going next year with all of Matt's family so she will see them then :)

April said...

You'll have to "visit" my blog...Laura will enjoy seeing it, too! :)

April said...

So, I've LOVED getting to see the album you emailed me...but I'm ready for some new pics and your "story" to be posted! :) I'm sure I'm not the only one checking it awaiting your "Lindy's Arrival" entry! :) Hope you guys are doing well and adjusting smoothly.