Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Due Date, Lindy Grace!

Well, from the beginning of our surprise pregnancy, we waited and waited for this day to arrive. My due date was June 3rd. Every ultrasound dated the pregnancy with that date, so it became our favorite day. It is hard to believe that Lindy Grace is almost four weeks old now! And she is growing, growing, growing! I was lying on the couch with her curled up next to my chest yesterday and I thought about the fact that she could easily be in my belly now, and I thanked God that He had given her to us as a 6 pound baby and not a 7 to 8 pound baby. I'm not sure how much she weighs now, but I'm sure it is more than 7 pounds, and she's gotten a lot taller, although I don't have a tape measure to get the exact number of inches. As I say all this I think about the fact that Lindy is the size of the average full term baby now. She is such a blessing. She loves to look around and she loves to look into our eyes. She hasn't smiled yet, but I'm betting that she will soon. Her hair has grown some so that I can put a little bow on a clip in it. That is so cute. She only cries when she needs something, or when her tummy hurts, otherwise she's happy to look around when she's awake, or she sleeps for a few hours at a time. Laura had colic, so we didn't have any of those experiences with her for the first four or five months. I know she felt bad and was in pain.....it was terrible to not be able to help her. Laura adores Lindy. She loves to kiss on her and hold her, and she's tried to pick her up when we weren't looking. Yikes! She has, however, declined our offers to have her change poopy diapers. :) But she does watch us change them. It is going to be fun to watch them interact with each other as Lindy grows. I am an only child, so I didn't have that experience. It should be interesting to see how and if sibling rivalry plays itself out. Anyway, I love saying to people that we have two daughters now. I am so proud of Laura and Lindy and so thankful for my incredible husband, Kevin. God has been so good to us, I couldn't ask for anything more in my life. His blessings abound in our house. One of them is that Laura's favorite song right now is "I Have Decided to Follow Jesus". She sings it all the time and she talks about Him constantly. I pray that I can have a pure heart like hers. She is precious! It is time to feed Lindy Grace, so I'll end this post. Thanks for all the comments to these posts. I love hearing from people I love and miss so much! Have a happy Tuesday night, and happy Due Date to Melinda Grace!

1 comments:

April said...

Fun update, Kara! Laura is too sweet, and I'm glad that Lindy is an "easy" baby.