Thursday, June 12, 2008

Whose Child is This?



The beautiful Christmas carol says, "What child is this?", but for anyone who knows me well, you may wonder whose child this is, because Laura is playing happily with mud! I hate mud. I don't like it on my hands, I don't like it on my shoes, and I especially hate it on my feet. I mean, I don't like to walk barefoot through wet grass in case I might get mud on my feet. Yes, I know, therapy might help.....Anyway, yesterday Laura decided to make some gormet entree out of mud. She took my muffin tin, two old spoons (I also don't want my good spoons in the mud, even if they will wash) and a big pitcher. She sat down and was in heaven pouring the water in the dirt, making mud, and filling up the muffin tins. Lindy was happily asleep in the papasan chair and missed the whole event. Thanks, Cindy for that chair, it is a lifesaver! Anyway, I just couldn't let an opportunity go by to give my friends some relief that this child is a normal child and does enjoy outside activities, unlike her mother who liked being inside with a book or watching the news. I considered reading under a tree an outside activity. Actually, I still do! The only exception for me would be the pool. But that water is clear and clean and you can see all the way to the bottom. Just don't make me walk barefooted across grass to get to or from the pool. I did use a shovel once, when I was 31 and helping my friend who had broken her back plant petunias, I think....yet I digress.......

And, on a side note, I did find an old digital camera that we had when we lived in Knoxville, so it will do until I can get the good one fixed. How we got it is a long story and too much information, but I'm grateful for it nonetheless!

Here is what Lindy Grace thinks of mud and cooking.....

3 comments:

Cindy said...

What a beautiful papasan...I mean baby! No really, she is just as sweet as can be. Glad the papasan is being put to good use again!

Do you guys have big "anniversary" plans this year???

April said...

Mud! I love it! I'm glad you are letting Laura enjoy all facets of life. ;) Lindy looks so peaceful. Glad you are doing well.

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Laura takes after her Mimi....<:)