Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Making "Pupcakes" with Laura

Laura has been asking to make "pup"cakes for the longest time, so finally I gave in and we had a mother/daughter cooking time making pupcakes. I had intended to put these pictures up in chronological order, but it didn't work. Anyway, I let Laura basically be in charge of the whole operation as it was her idea. We had a ball. She chose white cake and pink frosting with sprinkles. I had to keep myself in check because I was wanting to tell her exactly how to do it, or to do things for her. But the only way for her to learn is to do things by herself. She and I were both very proud of the pupcakes, and they were delicious. We shared them with our next door neighbors and Grandma and Grandpa. The ironic thing is that Laura doesn't like the cake part of the pupcakes, she only likes the icing! This was a loud process because I had to let Lindy Grace sit in her papasan chair while Laura and I worked on the pupcakes. Lindy Grace didn't appreciate that at all and she let us know it. I picked her up when I was doing something I could do with one hand, but I really wanted to do this with just Laura. I am learning to treasure moments like this because the day is coming when she won't want to do things with me, and her sweet hugs and kisses will be few and far between. I wish I could put the smell of these pupcakes baking on this blog because they smelled WONDERFUL and really tasted good, too. Laura made sure to sample what we were making all along the way and she was pretty impressed with herself. So without saying much more, I'll let you look at the pictures. We love the sprinkles!
The fun part was licking the sprinkles off the plate.


Sprinkles anyone?
Here she is with her finished pupcakes.

This is actually the first picture as we got started.
Who doesn't like licking the beaters? Raw eggs? Oh well!
Laura filled these up all by herself

and I finished them when she was done.
Getting the pupcakes ready to bake.....
We mixed red food coloring with white icing to make pink.

It was really fun for me to watch her enjoy

making a different color.



Stay tuned for the next post......Laura and the lightning bugs!

5 comments:

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Such a creative and talented Lauradoll have I! Excellent work, Mommy!! How proud can one Mimi be!!!! I am printing these blogs for Great Mamama to see and she is saving them for future joy!! I love you soooo much! Mama

Cindy said...

What fun! Good for you for giving up control for a little while! I have a hard time with that...

April said...

Mackenzie says, "I want to do it, too, Momma!" after seeing the picture of you and Laura and the cupcakes!!! Thanks alot... (can you hear my sarcasm?)

Seriously, I'm glad you had fun! Those cupcakes do look delicious!

Holly Aytes said...

Looks like you had lots of fun! "pupcakes" are so much fun to make (and also eat)! Caleb is my one that is always in the kitchen wanting to make something or help with dinner. Sometimes it is more of a mess and I am not in th mood to deal with it but it always makes him happy and I guess I can deal with a little mess in order to see that delight in his eyes and the huge smile on his face!

April said...

I enjoyed visiting with you earlier today, Kara! I hope Laura and Lindy get well soon, and I hope you stay well, too! :)