Friday, September 12, 2008

Best Friends!

I have lots of pictures from our recent travels to post but I just had to share this one first. This is Laura and her Grandpa, Kevin's dad. They are the best playmates ever! You see the doll who looks like a princess? That is Blondie. Yes, Blondie. I think Grandpa gave her that name. Blondie is very much a part of our family. When they play, Laura is Blondie's mom and Grandpa is Blondie's dad. So that makes me her grandmother and her sister-in-law? A bit too much like "Deliverance" for me. Anyway, there is someone else missing from the picture....Laura's imaginary friend, Aaron. He was at his Grandma's house. His Grandma is our Aunt Betty. When Laura and Grandpa play, they do whatever her imagination says to do, and she has a vivid imagination. They play outside and inside and can go all day long. Grandpa said to me once that he hoped Laura was having as much fun as he was. I'd say she is.

What a tremendous blessing it is to live close to Grandma and Grandpa. I am so grateful that our children will have the benefit of growing up with their grandparents. They help us out with childcare and they feed us regularly, and in general are just wonderful. We love them dearly and thank them for all they do for us.

Happy Friday! I'll put up some of our vacation pictures in the next post.

1 comments:

Cindy said...

What a great post! Love the pictures...it must be nice to be near the grandparents. I like your new blog background, too!

Aside, how is your family in Houston?