Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Confessions of a Dietitian's Wife and other bits of Randomness


Okay, here goes, I have to admit it. I love white pasta. A lot. And as I dug it out of the back of the pasta section (yes it has a section) of my pantry I realized that I'm a closet white pasta eater. The first step is admitting it, right? So I took a picture of the box after I started cooking the portion I am now eating. When my family is eating pasta I serve I get the healthy stuff. You know, either whole wheat or Barilla brand that is better for you than the "Enriched Spaghetti Product". I don't eat "Pastuerized Processed Cheese Food" but I love white pasta. I suppose this probably wouldn't be really good material for the writers of Desperate Housewives, but in our family this could be considered scandalous! Maybe I should tell Kevin before he reads this post......
Other bits of randomness: Conversations with a Four Year Old
Conversation #1
The other day Laura was disgruntled because I had either given her something she didn't want in the food department or I didn't give her what she wanted. Both happen so often I don't know which it was. Anyway, here is the dialogue to follow:
Kara: "I'm sorry this isn't your favorite, but it is what is good for you and you need/don't need to eat it." (depending on situation listed above)
Laura (now laying in the floor in the living room very dissatisfied with her lot in life): "I don't want to be in my world anymore."
Kara: "Oh really?"
Laura: "No, I want to be in Susan's world. I like it better there."
Kara: No response but laughing out loud. A lot.
Conversation #2
Laura: "When God was a little boy where did he poop?" (excuse the graphic nature of the questions but it is life with a four year old.)
Kara: "Um, well, when Jesus was a little boy I'm sure they had places for pooping.
Laura: "No, not Jesus, I mean God. Where did he poop?"
Kara: "I don't know if God really needs to poop. I'm not sure if He eats or not."
Laura: "If he doesn't eat, how can he live?" "Do you think He likes cheese toast?"
Kara (deciding not to get into theology way over both our heads): "I'll bet that if He eats, I'm sure He'd like cheese toast."
Laura: "Where are the bathrooms in heaven?"
Kara: "I don't think we'll need bathrooms in heaven."
Laura (alarmed): "If there are no bathrooms there where will I go potty?"
Kara (again deciding to take the easy, sensible route): "I'm sure that God will be able to tell you where you can go potty."
Laura: "Okay, what's for lunch?"
What a sweet life we live. So blessed we are to share it with you......

1 comments:

Cindy said...

I love randomness...great post! Laura is a hoot! Miss you guys!