Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tea Time with Dadada

I wanted to post this video, which happens to be my favorite part of our trip to Houston. We were there for a week and dodged the bullet of Gustav. Yesterday we got some cloud cover, an occasional gust of wind, and a little bit of rain. That's my kind of hurricane. :) This video is of Laura and my grandfather, who I call Dadada (His name is Wayne Hemingway, but I named him Dadada when I was a year old) having a cup of tea. Pardon Laura's lack of clothes, but those who know her well will know that her favorite way to be is in her skivvies (sp?). My grandmother, aka Mamama, is seen in the background working on her checkbook.

For those who don't know, my grandparents are 87 & 89 and have been married 66 years. They are two of the most precious and important people in my life, and words can't say how thankful I am to still have them. He still teaches school two days a week. What a treasure this video clip is to me!

We had a wonderful visit with family and friends while we were in Houston. I am so grateful we got to go down. Lord willing, we'll go down as an entire family at Christmas time.

We are excited to be planning to go to New Jersey to see my dad and stepmom on Friday. Speaking of hurricanes, Hanna is supposed to be visiting the eastern seaboard and to New Jersey by Saturday. And we flew to Houston as Faye was visiting Middle Tennessee last week. It is certainly a busy year for storms!

Happy Tuesday from rain-free Middle Tennessee!

1 comments:

April said...

So glad you had a good trip, Kara! I love the video of Laura with Dadada; that is sweet! I hope you have a good and safe trip to New Jersey. You sure are busy!