Friday, February 8, 2008

Belly Dancing


It's been an eventful week for those of us who live in Middle Tennessee. We started the week with the largest tornado outbreak in more than 20 years and lost around 30 people in our part of the state to the storm damage. Our county, Sumner, is now a Federal Disaster Area, with many homes and businesses destroyed late Tuesday night. It was eerie at our house that night as we heard the wind and saw the hail coming down. Storms at night are always a bit more scary to me because I can't see what's coming. We had three different sets of tornado warnings through the late evening and into the early morning. I am thankful that our family was not directly affected by the weather and we pray for those who were. One thing I love about these trials is the stories of hope from people who survive. We've already heard many stories of bravery and selflessness of so many. At the same time, Kevin's mom, Mary Rose, has been in the hospital all week with an obstructed small bowel. She had surgery to repair it on Wednesday afternoon, and hopefully will be able to come home by Monday. The night of the storms was not very restful for her as they brought all the patients in the hospital into the hallways when under tornado warnings. We are so thankful that she is okay and should make a full recovery. I titled this entry Belly Dancing because the baby in my belly gives us a show every night these days. I could run a clock by her movements. She is pretty still through the days and early evenings, but at 10:00 every night she goes into overdrive and keeps me awake late into the night. She gets the hiccups very regularly, which just cracks me up. The movements are still small enough that Laura hasn't been able to really see them, but Kevin and I marvel to think that there is a precious little person growing in there. We can't wait to meet our little Lindy Grace and see what God will do with her. I love being pregnant, and savor the miracle that God has allowed me to take part in, not once, but twice. We're through the first 23 weeks and only have 17 more. I like being on that side of the hump. I thought since I posted a photo of our first girl in the last post, I'd post our most recent "portrait" of Lindy. In the first picture you can see she is sucking her thumb. And the bottom one is of her tiny feet. We can already count ten toes! What a blessing and sacred responsibility we've been given. Thanks to our family and friends, we are surrounded by love and support and humor as we rear these children to grow in God's image.

0 comments: