Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I got a new toy!




So, I finally decided to join most of the rest of the modern world.....I bought a digital camera. With some reluctance, I must say, but I got one. These are two of the first images I took with it, and in spite of myself I'm really pleased with them. Of course, having a good subject makes it easier to have good pictures, doesn't it? One picture is of Laura and Grandpa (Kevin's dad) playing together. They are big buddies! In this one, they are making a train out of the Connect Four checkers. Laura likes to play "Let's go to the ball" with Grandpa, and has him dance her all over the room. What is really funny is when she gets him to dip her, like they are doing the Tango or something. As I post this, it is snowing outside our house. We aren't expecting any accumulation, but it is really pretty. Kevin is in Memphis with work for a few days, and we already miss him. He goes down there at least twice a month for a few days at a time. He is doing really well in his job and I am very proud of him and grateful for his hard work. If the Lord wills, we are planning a trip to Knoxville this weekend for a wedding of Kevin's former roommate. We can't wait to get there and see people we love and miss. Next week I'll post some of those pictures. This digital camera thing is actually kind of nifty. Instant gratification and instant sharing. We decided we wanted to get one before Melinda is born and before Laura's birthday. I thought it might be good to not be fumbling around with a brand new camera in the delivery room. My hesitation comes from the fact that I am a big snob about how clear the pictures are with my SLR film camera. But do I go and process those pictures as often as I take them....at $10 a pop? No. Do I take pictures as often as I'd like, knowing I'll have to process them and wait for them? No. So I decided I'll use that camera for my portrait type pictures and use this one for everything else. Until I learn how to do portrait types with this one. That should be fun. It is a cute little thing, a Panasonic.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey Kara- I am with you on the film snob thing. I always thought the same thing, but I LOVE having a digital camera. I take so many more pictures now and love the instant gratification of seeing them instantly.
By the way, I love the name "Lindy!" I am so happy for you :)

April said...

Hooray for digital cameras!!! I am glad you have one, esp since you are blogging now. I, too, love the instant gratification and ability to share so easily--and cost free!!! Shutterfly has great ways to upload and email links to share with others--totally free!

April said...

Oh, and I'm also glad you have one as you will be able to share those first pics of Lindy ASAP with all the rest of us who cannot be there! :)