Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A World of White!

Here is our little Snow Angel. She has been dying to make one of these and she really had a good time doing it, as you can see!


Laura decided to help out by clearing the car of snow for me. This is her first time to really be around any snow at all. By the time we got inside she was soaked through and very cold. But she was ready for some more.


Well, we woke up this morning to much more snow than expected! I heard that the groundhog saw his shadow, so this must be what our six weeks' more winter looks like! They said it would quit snowing by morning, but as you can see, at 9:30 central time, it was coming down pretty hard. This may not seem like much to you winter veterans, but for a girl from Houston, this is a blizzard!





Laura is looking out the window in eager anticipation of getting out and IN the snow! No, she isn't wearing a shirt, and yes, it is snowing outside. I figure she'll ask for warm clothes when she gets cold enough. Her favorite outfit right now is a purple bathing suit/skirt that she considers her ballerina outfit. I actually had planned for these photos to be posted first, but I'm still learning how to do this. At any rate, you can see how the day looked. This snow is the perfect kind for skiing. As I've given my word to two different doctors to never ski again, after ruining my knee, I can only dream of those happy days going down mountains on narrow slices of metal at speeds beyond what is probably reasonable....At any rate, it has been a beautiful, cold morning. I'm sorry that Kevin isn't here to see it and play with us!





4 comments:

April said...

I love all the snow pictures! And Laura makes a cute snow angel. Glad you all had fun...sorry Kevin could not have been there with you. Glad you have his parents there to help you our when he is gone!

Ginger said...

I am jealous! Nashville got a lot more snow than we did!

Cindy said...

We got a great snow angel picture of the boys this morning that I was going to try and post on my blog, too! Just like Laura's...with grass showing through. Typical Tennessee.

Granddolls' MiMi said...

Oh Kara, How the pics of Lauradoll bring back wonderful memories of your joy in the snow at that age when we were still stuck in NJ!!!<:) Your picture taking skills are easily transferring to digital! Good job! I am going to use one of the house as desktop wallpaper to remind me that there is such a thing as winter. Feb brought some 80degree weather here this year!